TicTac Learn AB, Reg. No. 556567-7266, Dockplatsen 1, 211 19 Malmö („TicTac„, „we„or „us„) is one of the leading Nordic supplier in the EdTech sector. We conduct activities in the development of systems for education and communication, production of interactive web and mobile training and related activities.
Please note that some pages on our website contain links to websites managed by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and TicTac is not responsible for their business or their information practices. Users who send information to or through these third-party websites should therefore review the privacy policies of those websites before sending any personal data to them.
What Personal Data Do We Collect and Where Do We Collect It?
The types of personal data we collect may, depending on the context, include:
- Name and Contact Information, including physical address, phone number and email address;
- Application documents such as CV and Cover letter;
- Purchase and payment history;
- Billing information and payment information, as well as other information you provide in connection with the purchase of the service;
- Usernames and passwords of our services;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, advertisements or offers;
- Other user-generated information that you actively choose to share through our website and services; and/or
Collection of your personal data may take place from the following sources:
- TicTac’s website/websites, e.g., when filling out our contact form;
- When you contact us by email or phone;
- By agreement, invoice or other business contact, if you are a customer or contact person for one of our business partners;
- By ordering or using our services; and/or
- From third parties in the form of general registers or one of our partners.
Why Do We Process Your Personal Data?
TicTac may collect and process your personal data for the following purposes and on the following legal basis:
- Performance of Contracts
- For the implementation of recruitment procedures.
- For collection of payment and to give you access to our services and the functions (including support and consulting assistance) provided thereto.
- Comply with Legal obligation
- We save invoice documentation and recruitment documents in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Legitimate intrests
- In order to be able to communicate with you via e-mail and to handle purchases and orders made by company representatives on behalf of companies, we process the representative’s personal data.
- In order for us to provide, implement and improve our services, it is necessary for us to process personal data in certain other cases as well, e.g., by analysing customers‘ usage habits in order to analyse any deficiencies in our services, as well as for statistical purposes.
- To be able to send out direct marketing and perform customer surveys.
Storage of Personal Data
TicTac takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed and stored securely. Your personal data is never stored longer than permitted by applicable law and to achieve the purposes set out above. Your personal data is processed by us for the periods listed below. We will then delete your personal data.
- Contact person for company: Your data is saved as long as you are listed as the contact person for a company that has a business relationship with TicTac.
- Users and administrators: If you are a user or administrator in any of TicTac’s services, your data will be saved as long as the service is available to the customer who granted you user or administrator access to the service.
- Performance of contracts: Personal data to representatives of TicTac’s customers provided in connection with ordering services is stored for as long as is necessary for TicTac or any of our partners to fulfill the agreement with the customer.
- Communication: If you are in contact with TicTac via e-mail, for example, your personal data is stored for as long as it is necessary to complete the contact.
- Job applicants: TicTac saves your application documents including your CV, Cover Letter and photo, during the recruitment process and for a period of two years thereafter in order for us to defend ourselves against potential legal claims.
- Legal obligation: TicTac saves such documentation as constitutes accounting information in accordance with applicable accounting regulations.
- Consent: In cases where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, we only save your personal data as long as we have your consent to do so.
- Direct marketing: We may process your personal data for direct marketing for a period of 12-18 months and during the time you are a customer of TicTac or sign up for TicTac’s newsletter.
Transfer of Personal Data
- Corporate transactions: If all or part of TicTac’s business is sold or integrated with other activities, your personal data may be disclosed to our advisors, potential buyers and their advisors and passed on to the new owners of the business.
- Third-party service providers: We have agreements with other companies that perform services on our behalf. These services include CRM systems, support, newsletters, digital signing and analysis of information and the provision of search results and links. These companies have access to your personal data to the extent that they need it to fulfil their mission, but they may not use or share the information for other purposes.
- Legal obligations: Your personal data may also be disclosed in order for TicTac to comply with certain legal obligations and may be handed over to the relevant authorities when permitted and required by law.
- The European Commission has decided that there is an adequate level of protection in the recipient country;
- TicTac has obtained your express consent for the transfer;
- TicTac has entered into agreements with the recipient containing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (2010/87/EU), without amendments or additions contrary to the clauses;
- the recipient is a group company, and the TicTac Group has established binding internal rules for the Group’s personal data processing, which have been approved by the relevant supervisory authority (so-called Binding Corporate Rules).
You have the right to receive a copy of the security measures that we have used when transferring personal data to a country outside the EU/EEA by contacting TicTac.
Withdrawal of Consent
In cases where we process your personal data on the legal basis that you have given your consent to it, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via the contact details below. Such revocation may take place in whole or in part. If you do not wish to receive marketing and promotional offers from us, you may withdraw your consent by contacting customer service or, in the case of direct mailings, through a link in the relevant mailing.
You have the right to request information about what personal data we have registered about you and how it is used, after a written application addressed to us according to the contact details below. You also have the right to request that personal data about you be corrected if it is incorrect, incomplete, or misleading by contacting us according to the contact details below. In order to protect your privacy and personal data, we may require you to identify yourself in connection with our assistance.
In accordance with applicable personal data legislation, you also have the right to request that your personal data be deleted or that the processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right in some cases to object to the processing of your personal data and to request that your personal data be transferred in electronic format.
You can lodge a complaint with the Swedish Authority of Privacy Protection (Integritetskyddsmyndigheten) if you believe that TicTac’s processing of your personal data is not in accordance with applicable law.
If the changes relate to personal data processing that we perform on the basis of your consent, we will allow you to again give your consent.
TicTac Learn AB
211 19 Malmö